7.20.2011

Working for Luck {image + quote = inspiration}



I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.  
-Thomas Jefferson

This has become our motto as we work to restore Wonderlust. Initially we had planned a post for today that was about taking a break and a few days off from the blog so that Jona and I could focus on family and friends. The day before I left for Florida we discovered, much to my dismay, that I had accidentally deleted a large portion of our hard work. I joined Google+ this past week and when I saw that Picasa albums (which were linked to every image on this site including the title) would be available for everyone to see I deleted them without hesitation. I had no idea that deleting these albums would instantly delete all of the images from our blog. 


I cannot imagine the frustration fellow bloggers are feeling, some whom have lost several years of work. I am very lucky to have as my closest friend Wonderlust's photographer, Jona. She is my creative counterpart and always manages to be steadfast just when I need it. She is so assured that there is a silver lining in every difficulty. She repeatedly insisted that it would be okay, that we would benefit somehow from doing all of the work again. In the past I have always been responsible for posting, however she had no hesitation in offering to help upload everything she could. I could not have asked for anyone better to be doing this project with.


This blog is not a school assignment that has gone awry because a program or computer crashed, it is not an work assignment that we are required to turn in no matter what. It is something we pour an enormous amount ourselves into during mornings before work, lunch breaks, and late nights before bed. If we decide to give up we do not get fail an assignment, we do not get in trouble at work. We will only ourselves (and one another) to face


I am writing this as I drive to Florida with my guy to see his family. I am very lucky my work ethic doesn't drive him crazy (or away). I have spent the past few hours in the car focusing on major graphic components of the blog while Jona spent the day fixing some of the posts. At the end of the day it is important to remember not to give up, just take one step at a time and you will get you where you need to be. It is also important to remember that the person sitting next to you is more important than the device in front of you. 


On that note I am going to stop for the night and take the time to enjoy the ride and music playing as we head down to the sunshine state :).

 
. . . 
Wonderlust Photography by Jona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderlust reserves the right to manage comments and restrict those that do not contribute constructively.