4.14.2011

MODA - Museum of Design Atlanta

image from www.museumofdesign.org

I was SO excited when I heard the Museum of Design Atlanta would be opening in a new location directly across the street from the High Museum of Art and directly below the new home of architectural and design firm, Perkins + Will.
Me at MODA's former location in Fall '09
MODA's previous home in the Marquis II tower in downtown was lacking due to it's location, which was off the beaten path for many museum goers. Honestly I also felt that there was something missing within the space.


MODA kicked off the new midtown location with it's inaugural exhibit, Passione Italiana Design of the Italian Motorcycle. It was not quite my speed but motorcycle enthusiasts reveled....


Fellow Wonderluster, Jona and me at MODA's Grand Opening Party
(we did not plan to wear the same style, great minds simply think alike)
photo taken by Raftermen Photography

Here's to putting Atlanta on the map in the art and design world.
 I look forward to seeing what MODA has in store!

. . .

2 comments:

  1. Great summary of MODA's opening...... and awesome job on the photographs too! The window display showcasing two Ducatis was powerful enough to cause my running buddy and I to come to a complete halt in order to drop our jaws and drool over the beauty that is found in these Italian motorized stallions. Keep up the awesome work, Melanie & Jona!

    ReplyDelete

Wonderlust reserves the right to manage comments and restrict those that do not contribute constructively.