9.06.2011

Blue Skies Ahead {road trip - part 4 - chicago}


Only having two hours to spare, I didn't have much time to experience all the gloriousness that is Chicago.  My initial impression of the city it that it seems to have a hard shell that needs to be broken through to get to know all of the wonderful stuff tucked away inside.





The #1 on my list of must-see was Millennium Park, the work of my favorite architect, Frank Gehry. The park kept me there, wanting to to explore and photograph every angle of the public sculptures.




(photo op!)









Another must see on my list was the Smurfit-Stone Building, designed by my friend, architect, Sheldon Schlegman. 


We had just enough time to pay $30 for 1hr parking and grab a bite at the infamous Pizano's Pizza before we hit the road to head to Madison. I cannot wait to visit again with my fellow Wonderluster and fully discover the city full of inspiration.
. . . 
Wonderlust Photography by Jona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderlust reserves the right to manage comments and restrict those that do not contribute constructively.